1. YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT
2. ANYTHING YOU SAY CAN AND WILL BE USED AGAINST YOU IN A COURT OF LAW.
3. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO TALK TO A LAWYER AND HAVE HIM PRESENT WITH YOU WHILE YOU ARE BEING QUESTIONED.
4. IF YOU CAN NOT AFFORD A LAWYER ONE WILL BE APPOINTED TO REPRESENT YOU BEFORE ANY QUESTIONS IF YOU WISH.
5. YOU CAN DECIDE AT ANYTIME TO EXERCISE THESE RIGHTS AND NOT ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS OR MAKE ANY STATEMENTS,
The police do not always have to read you the MIRANDA WARINGS. Real life is a far cry from what you see on TV. The police are only required to read the MIRANDA WARNINGS when a suspect is in custody and the police are interrogating him (asking the suspect questions). If the police officer has a suspect under arrest but the police are not going to ask the suspect any questions than there is no reason the police officer would read the suspect the MIRANDA WARNINGS. When the police ask a suspect questions while they are in custody they are looking for incriminating statements. (Confessions) Many of my clients would have never been arrested if they had exercised their Miranda rights and kept their mouth shut.
If the police read you the MIRANDA WARNINGS the only thing you need to do is SHUT UP AND ASK FOR A LAWYER.
THE TRUTH WILL NOT SET YOU FREE. ZIP IT AND ASK FOR A LAWYER